Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Euro Cup is Bullshit and the Referee was Bought

I'm no football connoiseur, and in fact I've ever really followed the game outside of the World Cup. But I understand real football better than American football, and as a gossip columnist, I know beauty when I see it. And as for this particular game, I know this much:

This is what German team captain, Chelsea member, supermodel, movie star, and all around awesome dude Michael Ballack looks like normally, when he's not being illegally headbutted in the face by some stupid little ugly Spanish footballer:
And this is what he looks like when, you know, being illegally headbutted in the face by some stupid little ugly Spanish footballer:
Somehow still hot in a bondage sort of way, with his high cheekbones, outstanding blue eyes, jet black curls... uh, anyway, the point is, the evil, vile, sinister man that did that the poor German captain didn't even get a yellow card for his douchebaggery.

The referee was sold- ergo, I officially annul this year's Euro Cup. Nothing happened here, folks, move along.

-Enigmatic Seal

p.s. #1- I know a few GG writers are rabid Spanish fans. They can come and defend their team if they like, as can commenters in the comments if they wish.

p.s. #2- I really want to start following Club Football in Europe, but I have *no fucking clue* how it works, what tournaments to follow, what team to support (leaning towards Bayern Munich because, well, Lukas Podolski- yes, I know he might not be there long). Any suggestions or advice would be super helpful!

1 comment:

A Diva In My Own Mind said...

First of, thanks for the link. It is my sincerest hope I do not become a celebrity.

Second, get your facts straight. Ballack, though incredibly sexy, enough to make me momentarily consider switching allegiances, was not illegally headbutted. There was almost an illegal headbutt between Silva and Podolski towards the end. Ballack just got in the way of Senna's very legal head shot.

And besides Ballack, Spain had the way sexier team.