Saturday, June 28, 2008

GG Open Bar: Fantasy UC Teams

*Edit* We're putting this pack up to the top to foster continued conversation (aka we're lazy this weekend)*

Don't ever say we here at GG don't treat you sometime. This is an open thread to discuss the current UC mess. Give us who you think is a winning ticket and why. Alternatively, you could give us a losing ticket and tell us why. All is fair in love, war, and UC presidential campaigns.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything with Andrea at the top of the ticket will do well. She can probably count on the Quad vote. She may want to look into someone who can excite parts of the electorate that she may have a hard time with - underclassmen? conservatives? river folks? other groups?

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that no that Jon Staff won't be in the running that the election is now wide open. It may be worth asking why anyone would consider not running simply because someone else is.

Anonymous said...

I like the graphic.

Anonymous said...

Is GG a UC insider?

Anonymous said...

I kinda like the idea of a Flores-Britt ticket, but they may have a hard time appealing to some people. It would kinda remind me of the Democratic race that just ended. They would be two insiders (Clinton) who would have the support the establishment, but which the people may not necessarily like.

A Flores-Martinez ticker also sounds appealing. It's much more balanced, but I don't know if Andrea would want to pick a fellow Hispanic person as her VP choice.

I don't see Andrea being in the number two slot...

Like you said, Flores will be the one to beat - her challange is to find the perfect running mate, but as the potential frontrunner, she has many options open to her.

Anonymous said...

Flores-Holoshitz!

Girl Power!

Anonymous said...

This has all the makings of being another crazy year, like the election we had 2 years ago...

Anonymous said...

2012 Power!!!

Anonymous said...

Today is Andrea's Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Today is Andrea's Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

How about Anthony Britt and Maia Usui?

Anonymous said...

Now that would be interesting. I like that idea.

Though I do think that Flores-Britt, or Britt- Flores would be a very solid ticket.

Anonymous said...

Schwartz is a little prick and I hope he drops dead before the race even starts.

Andrea is going to make a great president along with Holoshitz or Brit.

Anonymous said...

Who is Schwartz???

Anonymous said...

Is Gossipgeek a friend of Andrea Flores? Despite the fact that she may indeed be the favorite going in, she's getting an awful lot of attention from this site...

Anonymous said...

Or, better yet, is Andrea part of GossipGeek? Was this whole site a campaign ploy all this time? They do spend a lot of time talking about Jon Staff and Randall Sarafa...

Anonymous said...

I don't know what circles the people who write/read this blog run in, but nobody I've talked to knows who the hell Andrea Flores is. People like Ben, Alyssa, and Nworah are known all across campus and that seems like a huge advantage.

Anonymous said...

Does anybody know who these people block with?

Anonymous said...

Who is Alyssa???