Tuesday, August 12, 2008

GossipGeek EXCLUSIVE!: Matt Sundquist '09 Enters Beijing Olympics Under Pseudonym "Michael Phelps"

This is a developing story from across the globe, but there is a growing tide of rumors revolving around US Gold Medal swimmer "Michael Phelps" and his true identity. Apparently, Phelps has been heard walking around the Olympic village telling people how "awesome" they are and how important calendar reform is to the wellbeing of Harvard students. One eyewitness explained:
"I was walking down a street in the Olympic village the other day when I overheard some strange American voices discussing. My English is not very good (I am from Philippines), but I did hear the one American that seemed very friendly and the leader of the group say that, quote, 'the ad-board is a mysterious institution whose place must be clarified for the students, and I promise to do that to help all of you.' I had no idea what he was talking about, so I got closer and saw the leader giving out autographs. People were screaming, "you are great swimmer!!!" as he tried to scream over them "more funding for cultural activities!" I later learned that he was the record-breaking swimmer of the America Michael Phelps."
Mysterious, indeed. Sounds a little bit like our undergraduate commander-in-chief if you ask me. A tipster known only as "Eugene" later sent us this profile comparison, which clearly shows that Michael Phelps is just a Fox News photoshopped version of UC President Matt Sundquist '09:Congratulations on your two medals, Matt! We're rooting for you here in the states!

No comments: